I like to think I’m a renaissance man. Born and raised in Baton Rouge, most of my career has been surrounding the following fields — education, community outreach and communication practices.
In 2012, I co-founded 2BRokeGuys, a group that advocated for community organizations through social media promotion, public speaking and project management. Two years later, I put most of my energies into JWH, LLC where we focus on helping clients achieve their goals through communication.
I hold a bachelor’s degree in mass communication and a minor in Spanish, from LSU; and have begun my master’s.
Emergenetics is a measurable, proven way to recognize and apply thinking and behavior patterns people use regularly, through personality assessments. I’m certified to facilitate sessions for corporations, schools and individuals. Emergenetics is great for retreats, onboarding new employees and career monitoring.
Personally, my biggest accomplishment has to be losing over 260lbs. I subscribe to this journey as a marathon and not a sprint. I hope to inspire others along the way.
- Hunks in Heels, Original Talent, 2017
- American Advertising Awards, Best of Show – Elements of Advertising, (part of the NewAperio/tommysTV team) 2017
- Baton Rouge Business Report’s Top 40 Under 40, 2016
- Leadership Louisiana, 2016
- Dancing for Big Buddy, 103.3 FM Fans’ Choice Award & Showmanship Award, 2016
- Elevation Church (Charlotte, North Carolina), Seven Day Seminary, 2015
- Leadership Baton Rouge, 2014
- Baton Rouge’s Most Eligible Bachelor, 2014
RECENT Memberships & OPPORTUNITIES
- Our Lady of the Lake Children’s Hospital, Mediathon Committee, 2017
- Leadership Baton Rouge Alumni Board of Directors, Vice-Chair, 2014 – Present
- Baton Rouge Youth Coalition, Mentor, 2016-Present
- Association of Fundraising Professionals, 2017-Present
- Encounter Church, Student Pastor, 2009-2017
- Breakfast Club, 2015 – 2017 (an organization for local youth pastors)
- Lighthouse Louisiana, Dining in the Dark Committee, 2014-2016
- Children’s Cup, Gala Committee, 2016
- Playmakers of Baton Rouge Board of Directors, 2014-2016
Other honors include nominations for awards in social media usage, community outreach, recognition as one of the top black entrepreneurs in Baton Rouge, and a guest on The Steve Harvey Show.
Search for joshwhoward